Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Basil
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4tbsp basil, minced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4tbsp salted butter
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- Put spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 min to soften. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place inside up on cooking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add 1tbsp olive oil and cubed chicken. Cook until it’s no longer pink and set aside.
- Heat another large skillet to medium heat. Add 1tbsp olive oil, garlic, onion, and basil. Cook until onion is opaque then add red pepper. Cook until pepper softens a bit.
- Scoop out insides of spaghetti squash with a fork into the skillet and mix together. Remove from heat and melt butter into the mixture.
- Add chicken and mix everything together.
– I got SIX meals out of this recipe. I usually weigh out my chicken first and then portion out the veggies on top.
– If you wanted to make this paleo, you could use KerryGold butter but make sure to add salt to taste. It definitely needs some salt.
– You could also substitute olive oil for coconut oil, but I like the taste of olive oil in this better!