- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C cooked quinoa
- Toss chicken and 2 tsp Cajun seasoning together and cook in a skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, then set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes and peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet with the onion and garlic. Cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add quinoa, tomato paste, 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, chicken, and tomato chunks. Mix thoroughly.
– If you’re not a spicy food fan (I love spicy!), cut the Cajun seasoning in half.
– I used a lot of chicken in this recipe. You could easily get away with 2-3 chicken breasts, but I like my protein!
– You may want to use a casserole dish for the final mix (the skillet becomes very full) but I was able to pull it off in the skillet.