1/2c chopped onion
1/2c chopped red bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2c Bomba rice
5c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2tsp dried thyme
1 large pinch saffron
1lb peeled, cooked shrimp
1c frozen peas, thawed
1) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Stir occasionally until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2) Add rice, thyme, salt, pepper, and saffron. Pour broth over the top and shake skillet to even out. Do not stir after this.
3) Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 15-18 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and stir in shrimp and peas.
– If you don’t like shrimp, you can use other seafood, chicken, or no meat. You can also add more vegetables.
– I used 4 cloves of garlic because that’s how I live my life – heavily garlicked!
– I got the Bomba rice and saffron from Amazon. Absolutely, positively, use Bomba rice!!!! I’m sure you can get away with other rice, but this is fantastic!
Nutrition (4 servings):
Calories: 475, Fat: 9, Carb: 47, Protein: 40